Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, October 25, 2010

SHIMMERY LEAVES


Hello! Chris Dickinson here - bringing a fall card for your viewing pleasure!

 I used the Creative Inspiration Shimmer Paints to create this background. I placed a small amount of water in a container. Using my paint brush, I dipped the tip into the paint and swirled the Pumpkin paint into the water several times. I then dipped the tip into the Onyx paint and swirled that into the water several times. I then swirled the colors together and dipped white paper into the water to get a swirled background. Depending on the weight of your card stock, do not allow it to saturate too long or your card stock will pill.


I did not have the right color ribbon, so I decided to create the color I wanted by painting a 5/8" Cream Ribbon with the Pumpkin Shimmer Paints. So pretty - the ribbon was nice but now it SHIMMERS. It took about 15 minutes to dry, which allowed me plenty of time to stamp my card and work on the layout.

Here are some more details on my card:
Cardstock: White, Tangerine, Black
Accessories: Cream Ribbon, Buttons from SU Neutrals, Linen Thread

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!

8 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful card and I love the coverage CI Paint does on ribbon!

Terry said...

Chris this is beautiful! Love the shimmer!

Creative Inspirations said...

That is beautiful!

Kassi said...

great job! I love the leaf!

byondbzr said...

Love it!

Karen Wilson said...

I never thought to alter ribbon with it, to make it shimmery, love this idea!! TFS
~Karen

Jenn K said...

What a great card and love that you painted the ribbon too!!

Kianel said...

gorgeous card and such a great idea with the ribbon!
hugs from France, Kianel.