Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Dream

Hello!

Shea here to show you a cute little tag idea today!  I made today's card using a chipboard tag that I had painted a while back with Creative Inspirations Paints in Tutu Pink and Mellow Yellow.  I love pink and yellow together as it reminds me of spring flowers (think roses especially), so I use them together every chance I get.  Once the paint was dry I stamped it with the sentiment and some leafy flourishes.

I also wanted to use a piece of background paper that I had made months ago using the acrylic block technique and waterbase markers on a piece of glossy paper.  The finished product looked so like a sunset and I've been waiting for a chance to use it ever since.  The marbled colors on the tag sort of blend in with the sunset-ty colors, don't you think?




Here a view of the tag and orange mat that show the shimmery qualities, especially of the mat.  It was dark coral, but I brushed the edges with Rose Quartz which turned it a slightly pinker color, then I inked the edges with distress ink.

Look closely at the tag for a sneek peak of a new product that Creative Inspirations is about to release.  Fun!

A satin bow and some rhinestones complete this card.  Thank you for joining me, and I hope you'll head on over to the Creative Inspirations challenge blog and play along.  This fortnight's challenge is Mother's Day.  See you there!!


5 comments:

CraftySue52 said...

Very pretty. Love the colors together and the pretty shimmery pink background really sets it off. TFS!

DIANA L. said...

This is so pretty Shea, great image I love the trees

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Janice said...

A beautiful image and card, love the CAS style, Jx

Kassi said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Emily D. said...

Beautiful work Shea!!